Monday 30 January 2012

Old Poetry

I found these old poems of mine.
Very teenage. Very angst filled.
Here they are;

Blanketing Emotion


An eternity of wasteful watching,
Calamity is breeding, bleeding,
Purpose is lost and darkness contorts,
The eye of the storm is a placebo.
Skeletal emotions worn on a sleeve,
Do nothing but fracture fragility,
Broken hearts do nothing but bleed,
Blood runs almost eternally.
Where are my nightmares?
Why do I sleep in peace,
My mind is a battlefield,
A war between life and living.
See the happy creatures dance,
The music is like honey,
It covers all and sticks like glue,
It almost sounds like money.
Break the chorus of the night,
Seperate their harmonies,
Raise your voice and scar the sky,
Then watch the stars go out


Dead, and broken


Break the shell off.
Shrug away the suffocating dust,
I want to breathe...I want life.
But this war that rages endlessly,
Stops me living...almost stops my life.
I want to be free of rage and hate,
But why? They keep me alive.
Love is overrated anyway.
Eventually, everyone, loses.
Inevitably. Loss.
Destroy the chains of love.
Clasp on the bindings of animosity.
Please release your grip.
You win, I give up.
My life is over and love is lost...
At least I still have hate.


Crucible Mind


A fire is growing inside of me.
I'm afraid I can not extinguish it.
It burns inside and out....
The pain doesn't end.
WHY? WHY? GO! LEAVE ME IN PEACE!
The flames lick at my every thought,
And corrupt them with their vile heat,
Unpure...Unclean...My mind is dirty,
Dirty, dirty, dirty.....
STOP!
Breath in and out....slowly.
Play with fire little one,
Set yourself ablaze,
You may try to resist but,
In the end it's useless...
The power of the fire,
Will cause you to succumb,
Then you will be just like me,
Burnt out, hollow and hopelessly lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment